hi! i have used this kind of translation in my debian lenny (linux) in
english and in portuguese brazil (pt-br) sphinx 1.0.7. For now windows
7 ultimate i will make tests and send results. I suspect that you must
have explicit full path of your translation files, see sphinx install
procedures  e if is true that locales files are there. expected time
to test 1 day.

2011/11/13, bg <bcgrossm...@googlemail.com>:
> Hi there.
>
> We're quite new to restructured text and one or our programmers and I
> have hit a wall with building the translation of a user manual. Google-
> Fu has failed, so after burning quite a few hours on it, I'm here to
> ask for help.
>
> My quite fresh installation:
> * Windows 7 Starter
> * Python 2.7
> * Sphinx 1.1.2
>
> An HTML build of the original German user manual is successful. Then I
> tried to build the (translated) English manual and fail.
>
> My configuration:
> reST Soures and conf.py in folder c:\material\
> .mo files in c:\material\locale\en\LC_MESSAGES\
>
> conf.py settings:
> # The language for content autogenerated by Sphinx. Refer to
> documentation
> # for a list of supported languages.
> # language = "de"
> language = "en"
> locale_dirs = ['locale/']
>
> Command line:
> Sphinx-build –b html –D language=en c:\material\ c:\material\output
>
> I tried various other folder organizations too but always get a
> "locale no available", and I'm out of ideas. Help would be much
> appreciated.
>
> Thanks, Birgit
>
> --

gilberto dos santos alves