On 2012-09-24, Jake Vanderplas wrote:

> Thanks Günter,
> I'd thought of that, but I'd prefer this to be as easy for users as
> possible: that is, they can just load the sphinx extension, and not have to
> modify their style sheet.  Is there any way to modify what is within
><head></head> without using a custom style sheet?

While it may be possible (and maybe simpler for the user), it is certainly
much more complicated for the extension writer.

I may be missing a hook adde by Sphinx, but I assume that this can only be
achieved by a custom HTML writer/builder that overwrites the method to
combine the document parts to the final HTML document(s).

I'd prepare a CSS style sheet that imports the default style sheet and the
"ipython" style sheet and document that this should be selected in the
config file (the user will have to touch the config file anyway in order to
load the extension...)

Alternatively, you might consider customizing the HTML template(s).
I don't know whether this can be done in an extension or also requires
modification of the config file, though.

Günter