On Sun, Mar 27, 2011 at 06:36:17PM +0400, Emre Erenoglu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a linux system with two monitors, one internal screen of my laptop
> running at 1280x800 and the other is a 22" monitor with 1920x1080
> resolution. I use them in an extended desktop mode.
>
> I would like to assign both of these screens to the virtual machine running
> qxl, but I didn't see anywhere how I can do that. I want that the guest
> machine sees two monitors connected to it, so that I can use it just like I
> use a real system (ie moving windows from one screen to another, etc.).
>
> The only option I found relevant is the   -f, --full-screen[=auto-conf]  but
> it does not work as I expect. Would this boil down to the guest agent issue
> or is there something I need to do?
>
> spice is 0.8.0, qemu 0.14.

To get two monitors you need to run the vm with two qxl devices. The first
one gets created by the "-vga qxl", the second (and more - you can have
up to four) gets created with "-device qxl". The client should pick them
up automatically, the old client knows to close or open a window if the guest
disables or reenables the screen, the spice-gtk client doesn't do that yet
so you will get a number of windows with it anyway.