Miroslaw Dobrzanski-Neumann wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 21, 2003 at 11:29:25AM -0400, CBFalconer wrote:
> > Erik Cato wrote:
> > >
> > > Is it possible to define a constant define with splint. Would
> > > like to be able to something like this:
> > >
> > > -D__TID__ 0x5432
> > >
> > > thee result should be same as
> > > #define __TID__ 0x5432
> > >
> > > Is this possible?
> >
> > The #define is illegal.  __TID__ is not an available identifier,
> > it is reserved for the implementation.
> >
> > If you just want to know whether general defines can be supplied
> > on the commandline, as with say gcc, I believe the answer is yes.
> > The format should probably be:
> >
> >    -Didentifier=value
>
> Try the following
>
> #ifdef __LCLINT__
> extern int const __TID__;
> #else
> #define __TID__ 0x5432
> #endif

You weren't listening.  Any identifier starting with two
underscores is reserved for the implementation.  You are not
allowed to use it.  This is in the C standard.

So please do not give misinformation.

--
Chuck F ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
   <http://cbfalconer.home.att.net>  USE worldnet address!