Dave,

>> >typedef DOES NOT create a type in C.
>>
>> True.  But having an option to make it create a distinct type
>> would be very useful.
>>

>Splint does support this.  In fact, it providing support for abstract

If comments are used, yes.  I was after an option to unconditionally
make typedefs non-synonyms.  I know this runs counter to the
splint way-of-doing-things, but there is no harm in asking.

Splint have some competition, of sorts, from TenDRA http://www.tendra.org/
who are moving back to their source checking roots.

derek

--
Derek M Jones                                           tel: +44 (0) 1252 520 667
Knowledge Software Ltd                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]