Thanks for the response Chuck..

Here's what I am really curious about.. Let's say that
x and y are indeed references, and let's assume that
the value of *y *has* to be either 1 or 0 after the
function returns and it's not just dependent on the
if condition of my example. What would be the splint
annotation to capture that information.

I am a splin newbie so maybe I am missing something out
here. What I actually wanted was to achieve some of the
power of the *ensures* clause of the LSL (Larch) stlye
of specifications.

Another example would be... Suppose I want to state
that two char * pointers would have the same value when
the function exits. In LSL I would do something like...

char a[10];
char b[10];
.
.
ensures sameStr (a, b)
.
.

where sameStr was defined in some LSL trait.
How would I do this in splint...

Thanks and Regards,
-Gaurav