I have a student who asked me why his maximum heart rate varied so much from
one test to the next.  On a one-off occasion his heart rate reached 217 bpm,
since, he has ranged between 188-196 bpm.  The method he used involved
performing 10 x 200 m sprints followed by 200 m recovery jogs.  Can anyone
explain the variation?  Could it be his polar heart rate monitor?

I would also be interested in the various field methods used for determining
maximum heart rate and people's experiences.

Thanks in advance

Chris Lorenzen

B App Sc (Hum. Mov.)(Hons)

--------
View all messages at http://sportsci.org/forum.  Click on the links
to JOIN, UNJOIN, alter MAIL OPTIONS, or get INFO/HELP on acceptable
messages.