Dear List,

 I am working on a research project to assess the specific energy expenditure of circus artistic performance.  I have been reviewing the previous work done in the field of energy expenditure measurement (Margaria, Montoye, Léger, Thivierge, Poelhman, etc)  but I am unable to find anything suitable to assess the energy expenditure of "Flyers" or other artist.

I am mainly concern about the method to use; lactate measurement, heart rate and blood pressure variation and so on.  Since the activities that are measured are very specific both in duration and type of action, the double labelled water is not an option nor the direct VO² measurment.  The method use must not be to invasive and to costly either.

I would appreciate any suggestion,

Thank you,

Maxime St-Onge b.sc. ph.act.
M.sc. Student