Ian,

After sitting in on some symposia at ACSM and reading articles, I share
your scepticism regarding the use of accelerometry.  The correlations
with other methods and various problems in interpretation of data
suggest that the method doesn't live up to the hype. But that is just my
unqualified opinion.

I assume you have read the recent supplement in Medicine and Science in
Sports and Exercise titled "Objective monitoring of physical activity:
closing the gaps in the science of accelerometry"  37(11) November 2005
(supplement).  If not, perhaps the papers presented there would help you
(and others on the list) to defend a decision for or against.

Stephen Seiler PhD FACSM
Associate Professor
Faculty of Health and Sport Sciences
Agder University College

Service box 422
4604 Kristiansand
Norway

tel: 47 3814 1347
fax: 47 3814 1301

Post messages to [EMAIL PROTECTED]  To (un)subscribe, send any message to
sportscience-(un)[EMAIL PROTECTED] View all messages at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sportscience/.
Yahoo! Groups Links