I agree with Frank Katch that his book's chapters on CV function will
serve you well.

Just to add an alternative, when I was a doctoral student I took a mixed
masters/PhD course in cardiovascular physiology where we used Loring
Rowell's textbook "Human Circulation: Regulation during Physical Stress"
from 1986.  The updated version "Human Cardiovascular Control" published
in 1993 (Oxford University Press) is outstanding.  The whole book is
probably too much, but chapters 5,6, and 7 are the kind you return to
again and again when discussing cardiovascular function and circulatory
adjustments during exercise. These might be good supplemental chapters to
go along with MKK 6.

regards,

Stephen Seiler

Stephen Seiler Ph.D FACSM
Professor
Faculty of Health and Sport
Service box 422
Agder Universiy College
4604 Kristiansand, Norway

Post messages to [EMAIL PROTECTED]  To (un)subscribe, send any message to
sportscience-(un)[EMAIL PROTECTED] View all messages at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sportscience/.
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional