I¹m currently running an iPhone programming course for students in my
department. After each weeks class I¹m posting summary videos to YouTube, so
I thought that others might be interested in following along. No programming
experience is required, however you do need access to an Apple Mac running
at least OSX Snow Leopard. This is because iOS apps are written in Xcode
which is only available for the Mac (sorry Windows users!). More info on
registering and downloading Xcode can be found below. It¹s free to register
as a developer and free to download Xcode, but you need to pay (USD$99/year)
in order to install your apps on a device (the free option allows you to run
your apps in a simulator on the computer).

https://developer.apple.com/devcenter/ios/index.action

The first three weeks of the course have been completed and I¹ve been
focusing on the basics of programming first, but in later weeks I¹ll go
through how to access data from the GPS and the tri-axial accelerometer
which are built in to the iPhone. These can be used to track movement, which
of course is quite important in our field.

http://www.youtube.com/user/iOSProgramming4Sport

Any questions just drop me a line (g....@hull.ac.uk).

Cheers,

Grant.

--------------------------
Grant Abt Ph.D.
Lecturer in Sport and Exercise Physiology
Programme Leader for Sport and Exercise Science

Department of Sport, Health and Exercise Science
The University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull HU6 7RX
United Kingdom

Phone - +44 (0)1482 463397
Office - Don Building Room 101
Web - http://www2.hull.ac.uk/science/shes.aspx

Centre for Telehealth -
http://www2.hull.ac.uk/pgmi/centre_for_telehealth.aspx
Apple Distinguished Educator -
http://www.apple.com/education/apple-distinguished-educator/
TimeMotion for iPhone -
http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/timemotion/id406788440?mt=8
TrainingLoad for iPhone -
http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/trainingload/id492455013?mt=8
Twitter - http://www.twitter.com/grantabt
iOS Programming for Sport - http://www.youtube.com/user/iOSProgramming4Sport

³Weniger, aber besser² - Dieter Rams

To view the terms under which this email is
distributed, please go to
http://www2.hull.ac.uk/legal/disclaimer.aspx