Chris - I'm not following.  Hydraulics does not influence the flow rate
through the storz connection.  The flow rate is limited by the size of the
connection.  For example if you need a 1,000 GPM flow rate, two 4" storz
would be the minimum number allowed by NFPA 14.

*The above is my opinion and has not been processed as a formal
interpretation in accordance with the NFPA Regulations Governing Committee
Projects. This is provided with the understanding that the AFSA assumes no
liability for this opinion or actions taken on it and they are not to be
considered the official position of the **AFSA, and/or NFPA or its
technical committees.**AFSA cannot provide design or consulting engineering
services, and this opinion should therefore not be considered, nor relied
upon, as such.*

Thanks,
John

John August Denhardt, PE
*Vice President, Engineering and Technical Services*

*American Fire Sprinkler Association*
m: p: 301-343-1457
214-349-5965 ext 121
w: firesprinkler.org

*Treat Your Apprentices Like VIPs!*
AFSA’s Virtual Instruction Program (VIP) for Apprentices is training that
comes straight from our expert instructors. They lead the way to ensure
your men and women are trained, letting you focus on OJT. Click here
<https://www.firesprinkler.org/sprinkler-apprentice-training/> to learn
more and enroll.