Harrisonville, Missouri 64701-2235

Phone: (760) 745-6181
Visit the website

On 3/21/2024 5:02 PM, Steve Leyton wrote:

Where longitudinal bracing is provided for branch lines, the lateral bracing ZOI of grid mains does not have to include those lines per §9.3.5.9.6 (2016 edition).

Steve L.

From: George Medina Jr. <los_amigos_b...@yahoo.com>
Sent: Thursday, March 21, 2024 2:55 PM
To: Discussion List On Issues Relating To Automatic Fire Sprinklers <sprinklerforum@lists.firesprinkler.org>
Subject: [Sprinklerforum] EQB and Zone Of Influence

I have a job where I have grid system where there is 6" grid mains and 2½" grid lines. In order to lessen the weight in the zone of influence of  the 6" grid mains I have included additional longitudinal bracing on the 2½" grid lines. Is it acceptable to exclude the Zone of Influence of the Longitudinally braced 2½" Grid lines from the Zone Of Influence of the 6" Grid Mains? Does NFPA-13 address this scenario?

Thank You,

George Medina Jr.

Sr. Fire Sprinkler Designer

SINGLETON FIRE PROTECTION INC.