From: Steve Leyton <st...@protectiondesign.com>
Sent: Thursday, March 28, 2024 2:08 PM
To: Discussion list on issues relating to automatic fire sprinklers
<sprinklerforum@lists.firesprinkler.org>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [Sprinklerforum] Re: Storage of EVA shoes

In this case, if the EVA is the driving commodity, then obviously that's your
bogie, but synthetic shoes are NOT made primarily of that.   If I've got this
right, EVA (and now polyurethane in higher-performance footbeds) is used in the
mid-sole and for heel cup padding for the most part.  PU (rigid), various PE
compounds and nylons are used for uppers.   Gum rubber and petroleum rubber for
soles.

I would be VERY sure of what you've got holistically...

Steve L.