On 29 May 2006 at 13:16, Michael Bayer wrote:

> Pursuant to this discussion, I propose we change the close() method,
> illustrated below:
>
>  result = sometable.select().execute()
>  result.close()
>
> to this:
>
>  result = sometable.select().execute()
>  result.close_connection()
>
> to eliminate confusion this may cause.
>
> comments ?

why do this?

the object returned from file() does not have a method called close_file()

the object returned from socket.socket() does not have a method called
close_socket()

isn't result from execute() a result set, that looks like any other result set?

I can't see any benefit from renaming the close "operation" on execute() result
sets.

--
Brad Clements,                [EMAIL PROTECTED]    (315)268-1000
http://www.murkworks.com