regarding

http://www.sqlalchemy.org/docs/plugins.myt#plugins_threadlocal

The example shown uses a locally declared BoundMetaData object in table declaration.

I could not get that to work with my setup, instead I had to use:

from sqlalchemy.schema import default_metadata

Tregion = Table('region', default_metadata,
    Column('id',
           Integer,
           primary_key=True,
           nullable=False,
    ),
    Column('name',
           String(32),
           nullable=False,
    ),
)

--

Elsewhere in the wsgi stack I use global_connect, and it assigns the engine to default_metadata.

When I used my own locally declared MetaData(), I kept getting an error about "no engine found"..

So I wonder if some comment should be added to the threadlocal docs that if you want to use global_connect, you have to use sqlalchemy.schema.default_metadata as the table metadata..

Or, maybe global_connect() accepts an arg that can specify the metadata object to use?

--
Brad Clements,                [EMAIL PROTECTED]    (315)268-1000
http://www.murkworks.com