On 6 Sep 2006 at 12:17, Michael Bayer wrote:

> the only working "ID generator" we have right now is the Sequence
> object, which obviously is only useable in postgres and oracle, and
> it is capable of being called in a standalone fashion.

Sequence works with Firebird.

i.e., I am using this:

TWarehouse = Table('Warehouse', metadata,
            Column('id', Integer, Sequence('w_id'), primary_key=True,
                   nullable = False),
            Column('name', String(32), nullable = False),
       )

Sorry if this is not what you're talking about

--
Brad Clements,                [EMAIL PROTECTED]    (315)268-1000
http://www.murkworks.com