Hi all,

I'm using sqlalchemy as my ORM library and it works fines until today
one of my test case fail

sqlalchemy.exc.ProgrammingError: (ProgrammingError) You must not use
8-
bit bytestrings unless you use a text_factory that can interpret 8-bit
bytestrings (like text_factory = str). It is highly recommended that
you instead just switch your application to Unicode strings. u'INSERT
INTO b_taa_role (role_name, activity, grantable, hierarchy, creator,
related_smf, related_domain, priority) VALUES
(?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)' ['\xe7\xae\xa1\xe7\x90\x86\xe5\x91\x98',
None, None, None, None, None, None, 0]

The problem is : it only fails on one system.

I've test the case in 3 computer, 2 ubuntu and 1 ubuntu server.

It only fails on ubuntu server edition.

The locale setting, python version, and sqlalchemy version is
identical!
As the final running environment is not decided yer,  I am afraid this
will be a big problem.

I have considered to use unicode every where,  but the problem is,
most of the data will retrieved will be in utf8.  So if I choose
unicode, I have to translate every string parameter.