Suppose this is my table:

    a_table = Table(
        'a_table', metadata,
        Column('ts',Integer, index=True, nullable=False),
        Column('country',String, index=True, nullable=False),
        Column('somestat',Integer,nullable=False),
        PrimaryKeyConstraint('ts','country',name='summary_pk'),
    )

then:

    >>> print select([a_table]).where(a_table.c.country=='de')
    SELECT a_table.ts, a_table.country, a_table.somestat
    FROM a_table
    WHERE a_table.country = %(country_1)s

Suppose further that in the Postgres, there are several PARTITIONS
INHERIT
from this main table, and I want to query them directly... what is a
sensible
way to do this?  I can figure out *which* partition to use, based on
outside
code, so it doesn't need to be very smart.

As a final answer I want something like:

    >>> print <SOMETHING>
    SELECT a_table_PARITION1.ts, a_table_PARITION1.country,
a_table_PARITION1.somestat
    FROM a_table_PARITION1
    WHERE a_table_PARITION1.country = %(country_1)s

In my head, it is like "oh, use a_table, except sub in a new value
for
a_table.name TEMPORARILY".