Good afternoon,

We're using SQLAlchemy 0.6.6 and cx_Oracle 5.0.1, and our DBAs have
raised a concern about the number of sessions being kept open (where a
session is an Oracle concept, and a connection is on the socket).
We'd like to be able to keep the connection persistent, but we'd like
to be able to create a _new_session_ when a session is checked out
from the pool, rather than keep the same exact session open.  That is,
I'd like the pool to be made up of connections, not of sessions.  This
would enable the DBAs to perform statistics gathering and debugging on
sessions, which is something that they use fairly extensively.

Is there a way to do this with configuration?  Is this even possible
using SQLAlchemy, or is this a limitation of cx_Oracle?

Thanks for your help.  You guys are always extremely helpful!

Andrew