Just stick it in the .info dictionary which is designed for this purpose:

http://docs.sqlalchemy.org/en/rel_1_0/core/metadata.html?highlight=column.info#sqlalchemy.schema.Column.info

subclassing Column is not that easy to do.  I wouldn't recommend it.

On 06/07/2016 11:50 AM, Charles Heizer wrote:
Hello,
I'm using sqlalchemy with flask and I want to extend the Column class to
include another attribute called "FriendlyName". This way I can display
a friendly name as the column header when displaying a table.

So, am I trying to re-invent the wheel? Any help on how to get started
doing this would be great, I'm brand new to SQLAlchemy and Flask.

Thanks!
Charles