Thank you, that worked.

Alas, I might have to use an explicit association object
<http://docs.sqlalchemy.org/en/latest/orm/basic_relationships.html#association-object>

after all if I want to set the *is_manager* value in the association table.
Simply assigning a new User to the Team.managers list (as defined by the
relationship()) does not translate into *is_manager* to be set to True.

Jens