Hi,
I'm trying to use a VALUES statement in a CTE, and I can't figure out the
correct SQLAlchemy constructs to make this happen. I'd appreciate any help.
Here's the SQL I'd like to express in SQLAlchemy --

WITH knights(name, favorite_color) AS (
    VALUES
        ('Lancelot', 'blue'),
        ('Galahad', 'blue. no, yellow')
),
SELECT my_table.*, favorite_color
FROM my_table
JOIN knights USING (name)

Ideally, I would like to be able to express this as a Query that I can later
execute or pass to an insert().from_select(columns, my_query).

The backend is Postgres 11, and our SQLAlchemy version is 1.3.

Thanks
Philip

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sqlalchemy/E6CA442E-CB28-431B-9056-61144A9838D2%40americanefficient.com.