On Tue, Apr 5, 2022, at 3:09 PM, Thorsten von Stein wrote:
> Thanks, Mike. Yes, I am using the scoped session. Am I understanding you
> correctly that, when using the scoped session, there is no penalty when
> calling the sessionmaker repeatedly, but that you still prefer passing around
> sessions as parameters for transparency reasons?

the scoped_session doesn't call "sessionmaker" repeatedly; it calls it once per
thread, until you say scoped_session.remove().  it's a thread local registry
for a persistent Session object.

I do prefer passing sessions around as global registries tend to be forgotten
and contribute to the "implicitness" of a program.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sqlalchemy/36452af7-b775-42b7-b2ec-541173adc590%40www.fastmail.com.