To all,

I am new to Python and SQLAlchemy.  I was a Java developer who used the
MyBatis ORM.  I was using PONY ORM for a while, but was concerned that
SQLAlchemy is the gold standard for ORMs and Python, but there is something
about MyBatis that I can't seem to find in SQLAlchemy, but maybe I have not
googled enough.

In short, I don't want to use SQLAlchemy's select.  I want to issue raw SQL
and have SQLAlchemy's ORM capability populate a collection of objects.
 That may not be pythonic, but I'd like to know how to do it with
declarative mapping.  Is it possible and, if so, I'd love to see an
example.

Thx & rgds

mjg

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sqlalchemy/17383085-4a83-49d0-bf0a-1653552b7d59n%40googlegroups.com.