I noticed other things while trying to compile under OpenBSD. First: there
is a warning:

#v+
*** Warning: linker path does not have real file for library -ltclstub85.
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have
*** because I did check the linker path looking for a file starting
*** with libtclstub85 and none of the candidates passed a file format test
*** using a regex pattern. Last file checked:
/usr/src/tcl8.5.1/unix/libtclstub85.a
*** The inter-library dependencies that have been dropped here will be
*** automatically added whenever a program is linked with this library
*** or is declared to -dlopen it.
#v-

(this warning I noticed with earlier SQLite versions as well)

But OK. Just copied the library to libtclsqlite3.so, and after "make
install" tried to use TCL package:

#v+
[EMAIL PROTECTED] tclsh
% package require sqlite3
tclsh:/usr/local/lib/tcl8.5/sqlite3/libtclsqlite3.so: undefined symbol 'sqlite3S
trICmp'
3.5.7
%
% Segmentation fault (core dumped)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
#v-

And again: "undefined symbol" is specific to 3.5.7 - but the "core dumped"
message (always, when leaving tclsh) have been noticed with earlier SQLite
versions already. Why such problems?
--
                                pozdrawiam / regards

                                                Zbigniew Baniewski