On 26 Aug 2004, at 03:20, Darren Duncan wrote:

Matt Sergeant, when this happens, please release a corresponding DBD::SQLite 1.05, which provides proper pass-thru access for both the ? and :identifier binding methods. DBI itself declares ? in its standard interface, which each DBD either passes through to a natively supporting DB, or emulates; you probably used to emulate ? with SQLite2, but can do pass-thru with SQLite3. But if the newer DBI doesn't have a corresponding native API for :identifier, that takes a Perl hash ref as an argument, then please have passthru support for that via an extension in appropriate places, particularly having the $sth->execute() argument allowing a hash ref instead of a list. (In any event, I will petition for the standard DBI API to include :identifier support, if it doesn't already.)

I already support sqlite3's numeric placeholders via the standard DBI API. Switching to non-numeric placeholders will be more complex (I'll have to use a hash instead of an array to store the placeholders) but quite doable.