At 10:20 PM -0700 9/22/04, Vladimir Vukicevic wrote:
Howdy,
I'm trying to prepare statements using the ?n and/or :N: notation
mentioned in the documentation and the sqlite3.h header.  However,
trying something like "INSERT INTO foo VALUES( ?1 )" results in
SQLITE_ERROR, with the error string being 'near "1": syntax error'.
Similar results with :1:, I get 'unrecognized token: ";"'.  Am I doing
something wrong, or are numbered (and named, I guess) parameters
somewhat broken?
Thanks in advance,
    - Vlad

The documentation for SQLite 3 is very much out of date and needs to be rewritten. In fact, a lot of the site documentation still refers to SQLite 2. So you can't always trust what the documentation says right now.

Hopefully a new version of the main documentation will be written soon from the stand point of SQLite 3, with differences in SQLite 2 being mentioned as sidebars. Or have a completely different and completely self-contained set for each of SQLite 2 and 3.

-- Darren Duncan