What is updating the table? Another [apache module] thread or another
process?

If they are from the same module, I'd think you could use a static int
or semaphore. There's also shared memory.

This electronic message may contain proprietary and confidential information of Verint
Systems Inc., its affiliates and/or subsidiaries.
The information is intended to be for the use of the individual(s) or
entity(ies) named above.  If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to
receive this e-mail for the intended recipient), you may not use, copy, disclose or
distribute to anyone this message or any information contained in this message.  If
you have received this electronic message in error, please notify us by replying to
this e-mail. (1)