On Sat, 22 Jan 2005, Luc Vandal wrote:
Wrap he updates in a transaction.
I'm already doing that (unless I'm doing it wrong?):

nRet = sqlite3_exec( m_pDB, _T("BEGIN;"), 0, 0, &szError );

nRet = sqlite3_exec( m_pDB, _T("COMMIT;"), 0, 0, &szError );

I seem to recall that there was a significant performance difference between using sqlite3_exec vs prepared statements. You might try
using sqlite3_prepare/bind/finalize.

cheers!
avoid getting wet.  This is the defining metaphor of my life right now."