On Mon, Feb 28, 2005 at 05:38:24PM -0000, Tim Anderson wrote:

> > > SELECT Name, Title, Books.ID, Authors.ID FROM Books inner
> > join Authors
> > > on Books.AuthorID = Authors.ID ORDER BY Authors.Name, Books.Title;

> Not quite. You wanted the column called "Books.ID" so that was
> specified. Is it unreasonable to then expect to retrieve it as

No, it was not.  THIS specifies that you want the column name to be
"Books.ID":

  select Books.ID as "Books.ID" from ...

I suspect that is per the SQL standard, although I have not checked.
Note that "." is not normally allowed in column names so you have to
surround it in double quotes.  Btw, I haven't tried this in SQLite but
that's how it works in Oracle, e.g.:

  SQL> select u.username from user_users u;

  USERNAME
  ------------------------------
  DDR_DEV

  SQL> select u.username as "u.username" from user_users u;

  u.username
  DDR_DEV

  SQL> select u.username as u.username from user_users u;
  select u.username as u.username from user_users u
                        *
  ERROR at line 1:
  ORA-00923: FROM keyword not found where expected

--
Andrew Piskorski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://www.piskorski.com/