Keep It Simple, Keep It Small Foot Print.
If the multi-access, multi writter can be implemented without compromising
these two tenets, then great.  Otherwise, let's use a different RDBMS.
Regards,

Uriel_Carrasquilla

                      jed

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>          To:
sqlite-users@sqlite.org
                                               cc:

                      03/13/2005 09:33         Subject:  [sqlite] Re:
[unclassified] Re: [sqlite] getting rid of dirty  SQLITE_BUSY
                      PM                        workaround

                      Please respond to

                      sqlite-users

I like sqlite for it's simplicity in administration, small footprint, and
reliability, this coupled with a very robust implementation of SQL. a lot
embedded and web applications fit well into the model of "many readers, one

writer", sqlite does this very well. Applications that need many concurrent

tasks doing updates might think about using a server based RDBMS that  has
the added complexity and size for this purpose.

All this said ...

It might me nice to have an option where you can have sqlite "wait
forever"  might be nice to implement as a pragma.  the downside is that ...

well things might wait for a very long time and appear to hang.

Just an idea,

Jim Dodgen