Hi!

I figured out a while ago, that prepared statements (sqlite3_prepare/sqlite3_prepare16) will get invalid if database scheme changes.
That happens also to statements that don't depend on the changed objects.

Unfortunately, sqlite3_step only returns SQLITE_ERROR in this case.

This is unfortunate because I would like to recreate the prepared statement on such an event.

Is there any other way to detect if an prepared statement was invalidated?

A different error code would really help on this issue or a function like sqlite3_isinvalid.

Thanks a lot,
Jan-Eric