On Jul 20, 2005, at 12:33 AM, chan wilson wrote:

Hi Puneet Kishor ,

Yes, you are right. I have to check out whether "DELETE FROM table;" will really set the auto imcrement primary key seed back zero.

Yes, it will. Here you go --

sqlite> create table t (a integer primary key, b);
sqlite> select * from t;
sqlite> insert into t (b) values ('foo');
sqlite> insert into t (b) values ('bar');
sqlite> select * from t;
1|foo
2|bar
sqlite> delete from t;
sqlite> select * from t;
sqlite> insert into t (b) values ('qux');
sqlite> insert into t (b) values ('baz');
sqlite> select * from t;
1|qux
2|baz
sqlite>