I am the author of the DISQLite3 Delphi wrapper. Assurance to all DISQLite3 users: The leak is not DISQLite3 specific. DISQLite3 5.15.0 behaves exactly like the official SQLite 3.15.0 release.

The problem can reliably be reproduced using the official sqlite3.exe 3.15.0 binary on Win32.

Bisection shows that the error entered the SQLite code base here, which is the first version which runs out of memory during VACUUM:

http://www.sqlite.org/src/info/29d63059b4d2bb61

I am investigating further.

Ralf