If what appears is what was entered, then you need to change the closing ’ to a
closing ' (that is, from a funny word-processor symbol that looks like a quote
but is really an apostrophe used in typesetting but is not a quote that
terminates a string, into a quote to terminate the string) ...

sqlite> select
load_extension('/usr/local/opt/sqlite/lib/libsqlitefunctions.dylib’);
sqlite> select
load_extension('/usr/local/opt/sqlite/lib/libsqlitefunctions.dylib');

You have to be careful because most modern e-mail clients, unless specifically
configured otherwise, are designed specifically for sending web-pages
containing glossy-brochures by SMTP and are not suitable for use in exchanging
plain-text that must not be tampered with.  In this case the culprit was likely
a configuration option that substituted "pretty quotes" and "apostrophes" for
functional quotes.  You can tell because the pretty-quotes are, well, pretty
and curvy, such as are around your original “median”, while actual quotes
that-do-something (other than look pretty) do not have curves:  "median".  The
same mis-feature also changes single-quotes ' into apostrophes ’ in the
circumstances it thinks such changes are appropriate depending on its
substitution rules.