On 23 Nov 2016, at 7:54pm, Jens Alfke <j...@mooseyard.com> wrote:

>> On Nov 22, 2016, at 2:10 PM, Richard Hipp <d...@sqlite.org> wrote:
>>
>> No.  Did you run "PRAGMA temp_store=MEMORY;"?  This might be a
>> statement journal opening.
>
> No. (The string “temp_store” does not appear anywhere in the source code.)
>
> Any way I can get more info from SQLite about exactly what operation failed,
> when it returns the error?

Are you checking the value returned by each call to the SQLite API to make sure
it's SQLITE_OK ?

> (If this were on macOS I’d use the fs_usage tool to monitor the app’s
> filesystem activity, but this is on iOS and this can’t be reproduced in the
> simulator. Hm, maybe Instruments will do it.)

SQLite can make up temporary indexes if it needs to search or sort and there's
no index already handy.  If there's no obvious command that causes this it's
probably optimizing a "JOIN ON" or "ORDER BY".

Simon.