On 07.12.2016 14:21, Richard Hipp wrote:

Side note: I notice that the SQLite binaries (Windows, at least) are not
compiled with SQLITE_OMIT_BUILTIN_TEST and not affected by the problem.
Is there a reason to omit SQLITE_OMIT_BUILTIN_TEST from the builds, as
it adds at least some overhead?

The reason to omit SQLITE_OMIT_BUILTIN_TEST is that it renders SQLite
untestable.

Because of SQLite's well known pre-release tests, I assumed that binaries on sqlite.org would omit test code for best performance. After all, they are meant for production, not testing, are they not?

The SQLITE_OMIT_BUILTIN_TEST option is untested and unsupported.

This was not clear to me from the docs:

  http://www.sqlite.org/compile.html#omit_builtin_test

There has been a proposal circulating among the developers to disable
SQLITE_OMIT_BUILTIN_TEST.  In other words, make
SQLITE_OMIT_BUILTIN_TEST a no-op.  Your report adds fresh impetus to
that proposal.

I welcome SQLITE_OMIT_BUILTIN_TEST for smaller binaries and better performance. Up to now it has not caused me any problems. So many thanks for the quick fix:

  http://www.sqlite.org/src/info/afab166313e0b8ad

Ralf