On 8 December 2016 at 23:23, Don V Nielsen <donvniel...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Like you, I like ruby and working with sqlite via sqlite3 gem. So you have
> recompiled sqlite3 with the sessions extension. Correct? And this modified
> sqlite3 is the nearest sqlite3 available in your execution path. Correct?

I'm not well versed in ruby but I'd be *very* surprised if the sqlite3
executable is at all relevant to what the ruby gem is doing.

Some language bindings are built using a specific sqlite3.c amalgamation.
If the ruby gem is implemented this way, you may need to rebuild the whole
gem rather than just compiling sqlite3.

Alternately if the gem relies on a dynamic libsqlite3 you may be able to
convince it to use your manually compiled version. But convincing the
system's dynamic loader to use a specific lib can involve a bit of black
magic...

-Rowan