On Sat, Sep 10, 2005 at 07:25:48PM -0400, D. Richard Hipp wrote:

> difficulties, I have now modified the query optimizer so
> that it will no longer reorder tables in a join if the join
> is constructed using the CROSS keyword.  For additional

This is a one-off to control one particular feature (table reordering)
of the optimizer.  Is it likely that in the future, perhaps as the
optimizer grows more complex and featurful, that programmers will want
to be able to give further such directives or hints to the optimizer?

If the answer is yes, then maybe it would make more sense to provide
an actual syntax or language for giving SQLite such hints, probably by
embedding them into specially formatted SQL comments (which is
Oracle's approach).

--
Andrew Piskorski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://www.piskorski.com/