Auftrag von Kevin O'Gorman
Gesendet: Dienstag, 21. Februar 2017 19:22
An: sqlite-users <sqlite-users@mailinglists.sqlite.org>
Betreff: [sqlite] Linux top command and sqlite

I'm not at all sure this is the right place to ask, but as it only comes up
when I'm running one of my sqlite jobs, I thought I'd start here.  I'm running
Python 3.5 scripts in Linux 16.04.1 using the sqlite3 package.  Machine is Core
i5, 32GB RAM.

Some of my stuff takes a while to run, and I like to keep tabs on it.
Right now, I'm running one of those, and the Linux top command shows extremely
small CPU usage, and a status ("S" column) of "D" which the man page defines as
"uninterruptable sleep".  Huh?

My code does not use an intentional sleep at all.  It's traversing parts of a
graph, and not interacting with anything else.  As far as I know, anyway, and I
wrote the whole thing.

Now it's true that it's updating the consequences of changes to graph nodes
that took about 3 hours just to install, so taking a while is not a surprise by
itself.  I just wonder what that status means and how it could arise.

--
word of the year: *kakistocracy*

 Gunter Hick
Software Engineer
Scientific Games International GmbH
FN 157284 a, HG Wien
Klitschgasse 2-4, A-1130 Vienna, Austria
Tel: +43 1 80100 0
E-Mail: h...@scigames.at

This communication (including any attachments) is intended for the use of the
intended recipient(s) only and may contain information that is confidential,
privileged or legally protected. Any unauthorized use or dissemination of this
in error, please immediately notify the sender by return e-mail message and
delete all copies of the original communication. Thank you for your cooperation.