On Mon, Mar 6, 2017 at 3:39 AM, Yuri <y...@rawbw.com> wrote:

> On 03/06/2017 01:00, Dominique Devienne wrote:
>
>> This is clearly documented inhttps://www.sqlite.org/c3ref/blob_open.html
>> though, so I'm afraid this is "by design". --DD
>>

> Even though this is documented, parts of this limitation don't appear to
> be reasonable. Updating an integer field in the same row shouldn't affect
> the blob field. Rows can be very large and shouldn't move when individual
> fields are updated.

The potential difficulty here is that integers are not encoded as fixed
sized fields. Depending on the magnitude of the integer that is being
written, it could change sizes from 0 to 9 bytes. Thus the offset of the
blob in the row may change.

Once the fix for the "any table same rowid" problem is available to you,
your best bet is the separate blob table (which I think I read you've
already tried).
--
Scott Robison