Hello,

   I have a wire-protocol which uses an uint32_t to identify transfers,
and each of the transfers is represented by a row in a table in an
sqlite database.

   I can't make the rowid a uint32_t, but that's essentially the
behavior I'm looking for -- I'd like to be able to insert a new row into
the table, then ask for the last inserted row id and use that identifier
in the wire-protocol.  Are there any good options to accomplish this
[limit the auto-assigned identifier]?

   The obvious solution is to record-keep identifiers outside of the
database, but the sqlite database is responsible for assigning other
other identifiers; it would be nice not to break that abstraction if
possible.

--
Kind regards,
Jan Danielsson