On 3/16/17, Bob Friesenhahn <bfrie...@simple.dallas.tx.us> wrote:

> I just checked and the total character count for the trigger and index
> names themselves is only 23k, which is not even a tiny dent in 1.58MB.
> Is there a muliplying factor somewhere which would make this worth
> doing?

I did say it was a "small step"  :-)  Great journeys begin with a single step.

> Storing original SQL text such as SQL keywords surely consumes a lot
> of space (I am assuming this is what is done).  If SQL command and
> verb text is converted into a more concise specification for internal
> use, then less memory should be consumed.

The schema is stored as a parse tree.  But it still needs to store the
names of objects (triggers, indexes, tables, columns) in order to look
them up by name in response to various SQL commands.
--
D. Richard Hipp
d...@sqlite.org