On 17 Mar 2017, at 5:30pm, Rob Willett <rob.sql...@robertwillett.com> wrote:

> echo "select * from Disruptions where status = 2 OR status = 6;" | sqlite3
> tfl.sqlite > /dev/null
>
> twice and each run as 12 mins. So we were twice as quick, which is nice.

Do you actually need all columns ?  If not, then specifying the columns you
need can lead to a further speedup.  It might be enough just to specify the
columns you need, but you can achieve further increases in speed by making a
covering index.  If speed for this SELECT is sufficiently important to you, and
you don’t actually need all columns, post again and we’ll explain further.

Simon.