Roman, I've never seen or heard of a file taking 20 seconds to show up,
except MAYBE in the case of a caching system that hasn't had the chance to
physically write the file out to the real destination, or a situation where
temp files are being written to somewhere else, then being dumped to
whatever you were monitoring when complete.  Either way, that kind of
action you're reporting about would make me queasy.

As for GFS or any flavor, yeah, that isn't going to happen for such a small
one-off project.  Dev, my manager, my bosses boss... they'd want my head on
a plate for introducing a completely unsupported FS. :]