On Sat, 1 Apr 2017, Richard Hipp wrote:

On 4/1/17, J Decker <d3c...@gmail.com> wrote:
I get this ... from sqlite error log callback

Sqlite3 Err: (283) recovered 6942 frames from WAL file
C:\eQube-Tools\flashboard\server\option.db-wal

pretty much every time I restart the program now (espcially if it
segfaults).

This is because the previous process to access the database did not
call sqlite3_close() prior to exiting, and so the WAL file was not
cleaned up properly.

Is calling sqlite3_close() prior to exiting a requirement in general for sqlite? I was not aware of this requirement.

It is not uncommon for programs to quit without explicitly releasing all resources (e.g. calling sqlite3_close()) when a problem occurs.

I do not see any admonishments about a requirement to call sqlite3_close() on the documentation page at https://sqlite.org/c3ref/close.html. I only see admonishments about problems which may occur in sqlite3_close() if other requests have not been completed properly.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn