On Apr 14, 2017, at 3:59 AM, Richard Damon <rich...@damon-family.org> wrote:

> In C (as opposed to C++), it is the only way to provide a real prototype for
> such a function. The empty parameter list means with an unspecified parameter
> list in C.

Exactly.  Perhaps some future C standard will finally get rid of that support
for legacy C, but, for now, if you want to say "this function takes no
arguments", you have no choice but to declare it as noargs(void) - and I think
explicitly declaring that is a Very Good Thing, as it means that the compiler
will reject calls to the function that pass it arguments, as it should.