As Stephen observed when replying to your query, time math is fraught with
problems.

So I think it will be nothing to do with SQLite per se. I'm guessing it will be
in the time offset specification you have entered somewhere, for your
environment. You are in what is termed time zone utc  -4.
Time zones are expressed as what you have to do to UTC to get your local time.
So for you, -4.
A common error is to express it as what you have to do to your local time to
get UTC. That expression would be +4 for you! Wrong.

I suspect this is where your 8 hour difference is coming from.

In a layered environment where you have O/S, plus "international" application
layers such as mail environments and ERPs you have multiple competing
transforms, which in a round trip (my location back to my location) will appear
as everything is set correctly, but when you move out of your zone can appear
bizarre.

Hope this is useful
Chris