On Wed, Apr 26, 2017 at 11:00 PM, Kim Gräsman <kim.gras...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've used a spreadsheet internally to forecast how much memory SQLite
> will need in a given configuration.
>
> I've cleaned/generalised it a little and posted here:
> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cCawZE9AdF4jlmgAMjbz_pGZI0o9WkWddPyV2YglFCY/edit#gid=0
>
> Since we now get out-of-memory with a fixed heap, I'm guessing there's
> some kind of think-o in the calculations above.

Let me confirm that.

I'd completely neglected to perform the actual Robson calculation...
So the totals I'd calculated were just a detailed forecast for the M
part of Robson's proof.

I still need to scale it by n to get a proper heap size, N:
https://www.sqlite.org/malloc.html#_mathematical_guarantees_against_memory_allocation_failures

Sorry about the noise.

This is actually simple to add to the spreadsheet, so I'll extend it
to cover Robson end-to-end.

- Kim